ContourFive NC 700/1000/1200 - Shaping, contouring, sawing and turning CNC centre with 5 axis
If you produce architectural or funerary art components, we have the machine that will fa-cilitate and streamline your work.
Contourfive is a numerical control machining centre with five interpolated axes for machining pieces made from marble, granite, sandstone, limestone, compound stone and stone in general.
Thanks to its vertical travel of 700/1000/1200 mm, Contourfive is the ideal machine for architectural and funerary art as well as for those processing which require a deep dishing out; it therefore offers the users the possibility of performing different and complex machining operations which would otherwise require several machines:
• shaping utilising the saw blade to get large pieces with complex shape.
• shaping and dishing out utilising millers.
• contouring utilising shaping tools.
• sawing utilising the saw blade.
• turning of columns with shaped profiles or machining of columns to create a twisted effect all along the surface (provided the lathe accessory is purchased).
Contourfive stands out for performance
• short beam ensuring maximum rigidity;
• “rapid” displacements of up to 40 metres per minute;
• powerful high-frequency spindle of 20 kW;
• max. diameter of the cutting saw blade: 500 mm;
• “C” axis rotation: ± 200°;
• “A” axis rotation: from 0° to +115°;
• “X” axis travel: 3.700 mm;
• “Y” axis travel: 2.800 mm;
• “Z” axis travel: 700/1000/1200 mm;
• possibility of using various saw blades, shaped tools, drills, millers, etc.;
• automatic tool-store with 27 positions + (optional) position for the saw blade.
Contourfive stands out for its structural features
• High-speed, 16 kW electrospindle featuring a rotation speed of up to 14.500 rpm; it is provided with thermal stability and long-life grease lubrication of the bearings. The tool coolant flows inside the spindle.
• Birotary head for interpolated 5-axis machining. The head has a symmetrical structure and consists of two main structural elements, the first (“C” axis) is fitted for ± 200° rotation around its own vertical axis and the second element (“A” axis) rotating from 0° to +115° and housing the high-frequency spindle. Rotation transmission are provided by brushless-type motors.
• Iron casting spindle-holding carriage running on roller slides (“X” axis) and actuated by a precision pinion-andrack system, which is motorized by a digital brushless motor. The spindle-holding steel ram (“Z” axis) is vertically housed in the carriage; the ram moves through a ball bearing screw/preloaded lead nut/ digital brushless motor system. The position monitoring is performed by the motor encoder.
• Steel work-table secured to the ground, with aluminium top with recesses for mounting fixtures to secure the work piece in place, with vacuum plant and manifold.
• Beam with movement along the shoulders (“Y” axis) on ground guides; is through a pinion-and-rack system and precision reducers with backlash adjustment, driven by digital brushless motor.
• Mobile 27-cell carrousel tool-store for tool-holders, to automatically change tools other than the saw blade.
• Store for saw blade with a max. diameter of 500 mm, secured to the side shoulders (optional accessory).
• Lathe for producing columns and twisted effect details with workable sizes: ø 960 x 3.200 mm (optional accessory).
• Frontal protection barrier consisting of a series of sliding doors with manual opening; doors are made from structure and are provided with wide inspection ports.
• Siemens Sinumerik 840D SL: the latest digitallycontrolled computer numerical control system, with PC architecture and a PC unit utilising Windows as operating system, with Windows user-friendly interface and fully-developed software for work program management.
• Control console mounted on a mobile pendant structure and equipped with a 15-inch touch-screen colour monitor, a joystick to easily move the motorized working axes movement and a USB port for data transfer.
• Portable mini console, wired to the main control console, to duplicate the major controls (axes management + hand-wheel, emergency shut-down, etc.); this portable mini console allows the operator to be close to the piece to be machined thus controlling directly some delicate machining operations.
• Electrics and utilities are housed in two cabinets with IP54 grade of protection and cooled by an air conditioning unit specially designed for a maximum external temperature of +45°C.
5 axes machining centres
- ShapeMill NCF 1200 - 1600 - 2000
- ContourFive NC 700/1000/1200 - Shaping, contouring, sawing and turning CNC centre with 5 axis